On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand...


"My hope is built on nothing less
than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.." 
-Edward Mote

Three months into our marriage (Wedding Blog Here), we were faced with an unprecedented storm. Our brand new home was completely damaged by a water pipe burst. The first  weeks were very difficult for us; we struggled to process and sift through our emotions that of course were all over the place and I wish I could say that we were on solid ground the whole time but we weren't.

Our home is almost done now! Watching it being rebuilt made me think about foundations. 

Dictionary.com defines it as:
1. the basis or groundwork of anything:
2. the natural or prepared ground or base on which structure rests

We often try to manage our lives in this unstable world. We do it on our own and if there are some aspects missing, we shake and crumble. Just like our home, there were some things that were not built upon foundation that led to the damage of the house. May it be physical or spiritual, we are more susceptible to collapse if our foundation isn't solid.

What does it mean when I say that Christ is my foundation?  It means to live a life of total dependence on Him no matter what obstacles we may face. Just as a house rests on a foundation, my life rests upon Him.

I can honestly say now that I am glad that this happened to us. It didn't just give our home a better foundation but our marriage and individual lives also. This is a huge blessing!
After a few weeks, the trial that we were faced with became less stressful and I guess easier to deal with. Of course trials will always come but in the midst of our sufferings, heartbreaks and frustrations, He has given me peace, comfort and strength to sustain the journey.

What are you standing on?

In Him,
Vanessa

Comments

Popular Posts